MK-BREED Life Balls - Freshwater Dwarf Shrimp Water Conditioner (Cyanobacteria Inhibitor) - 10 Balls
$22.95 + SHIPPING
Pro Tip: Use during aquarium setup. Place in filter or in aquarium. If you have shrimp, we recommend placing the balls directly in your aquarium.
|Use During||Aquarium setup|
|Location||Substrate surface / filter|
|Dosage||10 balls per 25-40 gal (100-150 liters) of water|
|Guaranteed Analysis||Tourmaline, Maifanite, and more than 30 different minerals|
- 10 balls
- Commonly used in Neocaridina & Caridina shrimp aquaria, but can benefit other aquarium inhabitants
- Contains over 30 different minerals to combat mineral/trace element deficiency in aquarium water
- Porous surface promotes growth of healthy microbes that contribute to a balanced aquarium ecosystem
- Prevents growth of blue-green algae (cyanobacteria), a slimy, pervasive growth that is considered a pest most aquariums
- Made by shrimp keepers for shrimp keepers - specially formulated by MK-BREED Crystal Red Shrimp Center in Taiwan
Promotions & Special Offers
- Spend $99 on qualifying items and get free shipping. Details
MK-BREED Life Balls 10 Balls For those individuals that have freshwater dwarf shrimp, they know that shrimp can be very delicate animals to keep. To address this, MK-BREED Life Balls were created to add essential minerals to aquarium water, facilitate healthy bacteria growth, suppress cyanobacteria growth, and to help maintain a stable pH environment. Although originally intended for use in freshwater dwarf shrimp aquaria, the benefits of Life Balls can be applied to other aquarium ecosystems as well.
A bit more about its original use. There are many species of freshwater dwarf shrimp; however, Caridina cantonensis, also known as Crystal Shrimp or Crystal Bee Shrimp, is notoriously known to be extremely sensitive to water conditions and requires specific water parameters to thrive. Because of this, most shrimp keepers use reverse osmosis ("RO") filtered water for their Crystal Shrimp aquarium. The problem though is that RO water has had essential minerals removed from it.
Made with over 30 different minerals, MK-BREED Life Balls are designed to help add minerals back to RO water. It is important to note, however, that Life Balls are meant as a supplement, not an alternative to water remineralizers.
Life Balls are porous, serving as colonization sites for healthy bacteria and other microbes. They also function as cyanobacteria inhibitors. MK-BREED Life Balls can be placed either directly in your aquarium or in your filter. The product has a guaranteed analysis of Tourmaline, Maifanite, and more than 30 different minerals.
Freshwater Dwarf Shrimp Aquarium Setup Instructions - 25 Gallon Example (MK-BREED Method)
- MK-BREED Life Balls - Use 10 balls per 25-40 gallons (100-150 liters) of water.
- Start with 1 empty, 25 gallon aquarium.
- Place 1/2 of your substrate in the aquarium.
- Spread 15 grams (1/2 jar) of MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder on top of substrate layer evenly.
- Add your remaining substrate, being careful to cover all of the Z-Silver powder.
- Place remaining 15 grams of MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder (other half of jar) in filter. We recommend using a canister filter.
- Spread 10 grams of MK-BREED Golden Powder on top of substrate layer.
- Place 10 MK-BREED Life Balls on top of substrate layer. Do not bury.
- Continue with remaining setup. Add plants, hardscape, etc.
- Fill with water and let the tank cycle for 3 weeks before adding shrimp.
Customer Reviews Write a Review
No reviews, be the first to write a review.