MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder Aquarium Water Conditioner (Nitrogen Cycle Promoter) for Freshwater Shrimp - Sample
Pro Tip: Use during aquarium setup. Place in canister filter and between substrate layer for optimal use.
|Use During||Aquarium setup|
|Location||Substrate / filter|
|Dosage||30 grams / 25 gal (100 L)|
|Key Ingredients||Nitrobacter/Nitrifying bacteria, Bacillus subtitis natto, Lactobacillus faecalis, photosynthetic bacteria, probiotics and other beneficial bacteria|
- Sample size - 1 teaspoon
- Formulated for freshwater dwarf shrimp aquariums, commonly used in Caridina shrimp tanks
- Fortified with nitrifying bacteria to boost biological filtration which helps survival of water sensitive shrimp
- Comes in a powder for easy use, spread evenly between substrate layer and into filter system
- Acts to suppress algae growth by encouraging growth of healthy bacteria
- Made by shrimp keepers for shrimp keepers - specially formulated by MK-BREED Crystal Red Shrimp Center in Taiwan
Promotions & Special Offers
Waiting for the Nitrogen Cycle to establish in an aquarium, commonly referred to as "cycling," establishes a colony of good bacteria which break down ammonia and other harmful toxins in an aquarium. In most aquaria, the two main areas with the greatest surface area for growing healthy Nitrogen Cycle bacteria are the substrate and the filter. Leveraging this fact, Z-Silver powder is meant to be placed in both areas.
It's important to note that aquariums will naturally "cycle;" however, because Crystal Shrimp are extremely sensitive, the goal is to overcompensate. The importance of this process cannot be overstated, especially when attempting to establish a tank for Caridina cantonensis.
MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder is fortified with nitrifying bacteria and probiotics. It facilitates the removal of nitrite, nitrate, and other toxins from aquarium water and helps break down organic material from leftover food and fish/shrimp waste. This product speeds up the cycling process, stabilizes algae growth, and increases dissolved oxygen in the water. It contains nitrobacter, nitrifying bacteria, Bacillus subtitis natto, Lactobacillus faecalis, photosynthetic bacteria and other beneficial bacteria and probiotics.
Although originally intended for use in Crystal Red Shrimp tanks, Z-Silver Powder can be used in all freshwater dwarf shrimp aquaria; the benefits of establishing a strong Nitrogen Cycle can be applied to your other aquarium inhabitants.
Freshwater Dwarf Shrimp Aquarium Setup Instructions - 25 Gallon Example (MK-BREED Method)
- MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder - Use 1 jar or 30 grams per 25 gallons (100 liters) of water.
- Start with 1 empty, 25 gallon aquarium.
- Place 1/2 of your substrate in the aquarium.
- Spread 15 grams (1/2 jar) of MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder on top of substrate layer evenly.
- Add your remaining substrate, being careful to cover all of the Z-Silver powder.
- Place remaining 15 grams of MK-BREED Z-Silver Powder (other half of jar) in filter. We recommend using a canister filter.
- Spread 10 grams of MK-BREED Golden Powder on top of substrate layer.
- Place 10 MK-BREED Life Balls on top of substrate layer.
- Continue with remaining setup. Add plants, hardscape, etc.
- Fill with water and let the tank cycle for 3 weeks before adding shrimp.
Customer Reviews Write a Review
No reviews, be the first to write a review.